Why Am I So Sore: Day 6-Sore Knees

So, another day in the books.

I really did not do too much today. I didn't drink more water, I did not take more vitamins. I really didn't do too much.

One thing I did different is wear some different shoes. Another thing I did was look into different exercises for hurt or sore knees. I don't know if these things are going to be helpful but, when you are in pain, you will do anything to try to get out of pain.

Image result for knee painHere are some of the exercises I found.

Number 1: Shallow squats. I guess these do not put a lot of stress on your knees and helps to loosen them up.

Number 2: Leg Raises while laying on your side. To be perfectly honest with you...I don't know what these would do to help your knees.

Number 3: Step ups. This involves stepping up something. I don't think these would be a good idea for a chunky person like me. They may do more harm than good.

Number 4: Straight leg raises. I guess making your thigh stronger will put less stress on the old knee.

There are a few more, but I really don't see how these would help someone with a knee that is stiff, sore, or hurt. BUT.....I am going to try them. Remember when I said getting out of pain is a priority. Yup, I really want to get out of this pain, so I am going to find a stair and do some step ups.

One thing I am totally going to do is not overexert myself. I have to remember, my body is in pain for a reason. I don't need to go all Lance Armstrong on the side leg raises. I just have to try to get myself better.

Well, that is all I have to say about that. Have a good one!


Comments

Popular Posts