Why am I so Sore: Day 5-Where's The Salt

Image result for legs on fireToday was not really a good day. I think it started early last night. My body was just really sore. I put some IcyHot on my knees, then massaged my calves with my knees. Let's just say... 𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅘𝅥𝅯"My legs were on fiyaaaa."𝅘𝅥𝅘𝅥𝅮 Did you just sing that? If you didn't you need to go back and sing it. There you go. Sorry, that song is going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

Okay, back on track. So, I am laying in bed legs on fire, can't really sleep, and my kids decided to start crying. Not all at once. I actually don't mind if they cry all at once. If they do that you can stop them at the same time but last night was different. They cried, all night, one at a time, every hour on the hour, did I mention all night.

Sorry, I am doing it again... I was not sleeping and I have heard that sleep is important. People need around 6-8 hours of sleep, uninterrupted, without kids crying every hour, on the hour. Can you tell I like the sleep I am not getting?

Okay, so I am going to skip ahead here. Salt. I think I talked about it before but it is super critical. Without the carbs in your body, your body floods all of the minerals out of it. This is not a good thing. You need salt in your body. I don't really care what all of the doctors say (wait, wait, don't get crazy) because we are not talking about the typical diet.

Image result for Carbs are sugarRemember the typical diet. It consisted of five each (servings) fruits and vegetables, Three servings each of meat and dairy and eleven servings of bread and very little fat and sugar. What they don't tell you is bread is starch and starch is, drumroll please, SUGAR. I don't care if it is whole wheat, half wheat, white, or green, it is sugar.

I am talking about the low carb diet. Your body does not hold the salt so you need it. You are not eating carbs for energy so you need to eat fat. See, doctors are talking about the regular person on a regular diet. Not a person who is not eating the regular diet.

I want to tell you how I am trying to get the salt in my diet. I need around 7,000mg a day which is a lot. I drink V8. It is high in salt, high in potassium but it is kind of high in carbs. I also am going to start to drink broth. Just broth, not anything special like yak bone broth or exotic eagle broth. Just broth, from a can or bottle, or a cube. I'm not fancy.

Well, I am going to stop. I'm done. If you read this ramble and you want to read a bunch more just like it, please subscribe. I hope I am learning you something.

Comments

Popular Posts